Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Michigan Complete Health (MMP) wants to find and stop fraud, waste, and abuse. We want you to help us. We want our doctors to help us. Please tell us if you see something that you do not think is right.
What does it mean?
Fraud: Lying on purpose or not telling us information to obtain the money or insurance of a health care benefit plan (by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises).
Waste: Using services or other practices that result in costs not needed.
Abuse: Getting money for items or services when there is no legal reason for that payment, but without knowing and/or lying or changing facts to obtain payments.
Who should you contact about Fraud, Waste, and Abuse?
- Michigan Complete Health (MMP): A toll free Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline is available to employees, members, business partners and network providers: 1-866-685-8664. TTY users call 711; The Hotline is managed by an independent third party and you may report your concerns anonymously (without giving your name).
- You may submit any concerns directly to the Michigan Complete Health (MMP) Compliance Officer by calling 1-844-239-7387 and asking for the Compliance Officer. TTY users call 711. A Compliance Officer is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Office of Inspector General: 1-855-MI-FRAUD (1-855-643-7283) or TTY: 711.
- Report your concern online to the Office of Inspector General by clicking here. (Please note: By clicking on this link you will be leaving the Michigan Complete Health (MMP) website.)
- Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or TTY 1-877-486-2048. Calls to this number are free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- MDHHS: 1-800-222-8558 (TTY: 711).
Last Updated: 09/30/16