Potential for Contract Termination
Michigan Complete Health Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Michigan Medicaid to offer benefits of both programs to enrollees. Enrollment in Michigan Complete Health (MMP) depends on contract renewal.
If one or more of the following situations happens, Medicare or Michigan Medicaid must end your membership with Michigan Complete Health (MMP):
- There is a break in your Medicare Part A and Part B coverage.
- You no longer qualify for Michigan Medicaid. Our plan is for people who qualify for both Medicare and Michigan Medicaid.
- You do not pay the amount needed for you to qualify for benefits (medical spend down).
- You move out of our service area.
- You go to jail.
- You lie about or do not tell us information about other insurance you have for drugs.
If we learn from Medicare and/or Michigan Medicaid that one or more of the following has occurred, we will disenroll you from our plan with permission from Medicare and Michigan Medicaid:
- You give us incorrect information on purpose when you are enrolling in our plan and that information made you eligible for our plan.
- You always behave in a way that bothers others and makes it difficult for us to provide medical care for you and other members of our plan.
- You let someone else use your ID card to get medical care.
- If we end your membership because of this reason, Medicare may turn your case over to the Inspector General.
Michigan Complete Health (MMP) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Michigan Medicaid to provide benefits of both plans to enrollees.
Enrollment in Michigan Complete Health (MMP) depends on contract renewal.
Please call Michigan Complete Health (MMP) at 1-844-239-7387. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. TTY users call 711. On weekends and on state or federal holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned within the next business day.